Salary: £45,495 plus a 'Welcome Payment'
Working Arrangements: Monday-Thursday 8:45am-5pm, and Friday 8:45am-4:30pm. There may be a requirement to work outside of normal hours to meet operational requirements. A flexi scheme is in place.
Hours per week: 37 (18.5 for part time positions)
Contract type: Permanent
This is an exciting time to join Barnsley Children and Family Social Care Service who are seeking to recruit Advanced Practitioners to join our Children and Young People’s Service.
There has been a recent and significant financial investment of £9 million into delivering the vision for Children’s Services in Barnsley.
Barnsley a place of possibilities: We are one service with one goal, working together to build a brighter Barnsley for every child
- Putting Children and Families First
-Working together in partnership to deliver joined up care
- Delivered by a strong and valued workforce
This, coupled with a service that has a genuine commitment to supporting our teams and social workers to deliver the very best outcomes for our children and young people, makes it the perfect time for forward thinking, motivated and dedicated practitioners to join us in Barnsley.
A key role within our teams, Advanced Practitioners have a varied balance of a manageable reduced caseload combined with opportunities to be involved and lead in team and service development
Who are we looking for?
- You will be self motivated and innovative in your intervention with families
- You will have experience of working in statutory children’s social work, of driving plans for our most vulnerable children within the child protection and court arena
- You will be committed to supporting and developing teams and workers, with experience of mentoring students, NQSW’s or colleagues
In return we offer
- Supportive induction
- A reduced caseload
- A robust training and development plan, with a focus on your development
- A dedicated practice development team
- Opportunities for career progression
- Small, friendly, welcoming teams
- Free on site parking
- Supportive management, with regular reflective supervision
- A welcome payment
- Flexible working with IT systems to support this
- JUST4YOU employee benefits and wellbeing package
- Additional financial incentives for Practice Educators
- Payment of SWE registration fees
Please contact Rebecca Parkes, Team Manager, on [email protected] or Louise Danks, Principal Social Worker on 07918 336128 for more information or to answer any queries that you may have about the role. We look forward to speaking with you.
There are lots of great things about working for Barnsley Council, but don’t just take our word for it. Visit our dedicated webpage to hear from our social workers, our Executive Director, and learn more about the role and Children’s Services: www.barnsley.gov.uk/services/jobs/social-worker-jobs/.