Children’s Social Workers - Long Term Looked After Children Team, Children’s Social Care – Rotherham, South Yorkshire
Rotherham Metropolitan Borough Council, Children and Young People’s Services
Salary details: Up to £39,571 & excellent benefits
Now is the time to come and work for Rotherham Council Children and Young People’s Service. For more information about Rotherham Social Care jobs, please visit: https://www.rotherham.gov.uk/childrens-social-work-jobs
Are you passionate about supporting looked after children and young people?
If so, an exciting opportunity has arisen to join our Looked After Children’s Service.
In our service we are passionate about and for our children and young people and have high expectations about what they can achieve now and, in their futures.
In our service we have high expectations for each other as well as those who care for our children.
In our service our teams and managers know the importance of looking after each other and doing all we can to help our social workers make plans for children. So we make sure there is always someone to talk to and someone at the end of the phone to ask for advice.
In our service we also have a strong management team who are accessible to social workers and able to listen and support. They provide monthly supervision and daily check ins.
We are a long-term service working with children and young people who are looked after up until their 18th birthday.
In our service we ask our social workers to be:
· Social Work Qualified and have completed their ASYE.
· passionate about working restoratively with children, young people, and their families.
· passionate and driven about achieving positive outcomes for our looked after children and young people preparing to leave care
· creative, flexible, and aspirational when making plans for children through comprehensive care and pathway planning
· confident working with a varied age range of children and young people from small children to young people making a transition to independence
· reflective about futures for our children and lifelong links, with a willingness to explore if children could return to birth family or have an alternative form of permanence outside of care
· Able to be imaginative and creative when visiting children and completing direct work and understand the importance of life story work for children
· Work collaboratively with foster carers, residential homes and a wide range of other professionals including schools, health, and specialist services such as contextualized safeguarding services.
If you want to develop your skills specifically in working with Looked After Children, then please apply
Our offer to you:
· A guaranteed 15 days per year of training, underpinned by the Rotherham Family Approach which incorporates ‘Signs of Safety’, ‘Restorative Approaches’, and ‘Social Pedagogy’ as our methodological approach and framework
· A comprehensive training and development offer which includes internal training, whole service events and service specific develop days as well as strong links to local universities.
· Rotherham is a key partner in the wider South Yorkshire Teaching Partnership, supporting learning that leads to further qualifications.
· Opportunities for progression and a strong commitment to PD’s: including opportunities to support your overall development in other areas of social work practice
· Pp to date and excellent IT offering the ability to work at home, in an office and on the move
And to help you with our children:
· a wider team to support us in getting this right. It includes a committed and knowledgeable commissioning, fostering and residential service, to support finding the right homes for our children.
· a dedicated practice leading Virtual School, an inhouse therapeutic team and Edge of Care Service.
· For young people exploring leaving care there are close working relationships with our Leaving Care Service.
· A dedicated LAC Nurses, who work to ensure the needs of our children are identified and supported.
If you have any questions regarding these opportunities, please email them to: Service Manager: Sharon Sandell [email protected]