Studying at University of York

The University of York offer two Social Work England accredited degree courses.

These courses are: 

  • MA in Social Work - this 2 year course offers you both a Masters degree and a professional qualification. It  will equip you with the skills and knowledge you'll need for effective professional practice as a social worker. It is suitable for graduates from a wide range of disciplines who are committed to a career helping people.

  • MSocW (Hons) Social Work - this four-year course, which includes two years of postgraduate study, provides an advanced alternative to standard three-year BA Social Work degrees. You'll gain a Masters-level qualification which is highly valued by employers. You'll have the opportunity to gain practice experience in a voluntary sector placement in your second year, followed by placements within diverse social work settings in Year 3 and 4.

After completing these degrees you can apply to register as a social worker with Social Work England