What did the Ofsted JTAI (April 2017) inspectors say about Bradford?
- ‘Leadership within children’s social care is effective and senior managers are creating a healthy environment in Bradford for effective social work to flourish’.
- Across partners there is commitment to continual improvement to offer a wide range of high quality services to meet the diverse needs of children and families.
Here at Bradford Council, we understand the importance of having great leaders in our service. This not only allows us to provide the highest possible service but also helps us to develop our people to become the very best professionals. Last year as part of our journey to excellence, we re-organised the Looked After Children Service and Leaving Care Service to into a Through Care model with the ambition of ‘relationships’ being at the heart of all practice and transition points.
As a Team Manager within Through care you will directly manage a multi agency team to develop excellent casework practice, that is aspirational for all our Children Looked After and Care Leavers through to 25. You will be able to make a significant impact to the frontline practice by championing Signs of Safety practice framework. You will know what excellent social work practice looks like for Children Looked After and Care Leavers, be passionate to nurture this with our teams, promote relationship based practice and contribute to the development of the service. This is a great opportunity for an existing Team Manager or an excellent practitioner, who wish to progress into a leadership role.
We have placed ourselves on the forefront of innovation in social work, rethinking our approach and processes in order to maximise the impact of the social work practice we provide. We are one of the authorities that have secured funding from the DfE and are part way through implementation of Be Positive Pathways Program which is a dynamic approach to re-thinking how we care for our children and young people. We’ve looked far and wide for what we believe are the best models for care for children and young people. Our intention is to provide inspirational care, tailored to the individual needs of the children and young people.
Bradford is the 4th largest Local Authority with a population of 530,000 of which 150,000 are children and young people, making us one of the key cities with a young age group population, which we celebrate and ensure Care Leavers are part of.
|Application deadline||22nd April 2018|
|Salary||£39,177 to £41,967|
Department of Children’s Services
Children’s Social Care
TEAM MANAGER – Through Care Service
PO5: £39,177 – £41,967 pa
1 x 37 hours per week
Based within Through Care Service (Odsal site and Sir Henry Mitchell House)
The Code of Practice on the English language requirement for public sector workers, Part 7 of the Immigration Act 2016 requires that Councils ensure that all candidates applying for customer facing posts must be assessed in order to establish their fluency in English.
The criteria under special knowledge and experience on the job profile which is shown in this advert outlines what level of fluency you will be expected to demonstrate. Therefore, it is essential that you provide examples in your application.
We have high expectations from our teams and it is therefore essential that they feel that they have the proper support in place, making them confident in their actions and the decisions they make.
Our Team Managers will:
- Be Passionate and aspirational about Children in Care and Young People.
- Hold a DipSW or equivalent qualification and are registered with the HCPC as a qualified social worker.
- Have at least 4 Years Social Work experience.
- Know what excellence looks like and champion best practice.
- Have a good working knowledge of Signs of Safety approach or be willing to learn.
- Ability to support, develop and inspire others.
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills and be able to make good decisions based on the information available, ensuring effective relationships with other professionals.
What do we offer as a Council? We provide numerous Employee opportunities and benefits including:
- A structured and practical based induction programme.
- CPD opportunities, including opportunities to take part in our leadership development programme.
- Regular supervision and annual appraisal of practice, ensuring clarity of purpose and providing an opportunity to take stock, raise ideas and obtain valuable and constructive feedback.
- Excellent training and learning opportunities, including opportunities to develop practice based on interests and passions, through our practitioner led forums.
- A culturally diverse workforce reflecting our communities.
Our social workers say about working in Bradford Children’s Services;
Visit our website for more information: https://www.bradford.gov.uk/jobs/childrens-services/make-bradford-your-next-step-in-social-care/
“We are making differences to children’s lives by acting appropriately to risk”
As a Local Authority we also offer a variety of competitive employee benefits including generous leave entitlement, career average pension scheme with excellent benefits, access to a range of salary sacrifice schemes and discounts.
Relocation Package: A relocation package may be available for successful candidates who meet the criteria.
For further information regarding this post please contact Emma Collingwood on 01274 437123 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
An enhanced disclosure check with the Disclosure and Barring Service will be undertaken for this post.
How to apply
Apply online: Apply now