Hull is a city with a renewed sense of optimism, with our City of Culture status and is a great City in which to live and to work. We have opportunities for experienced social workers to join Hull and there has never been a better time than right now, if successful you will join a welcoming service where expectations are high, but you will receive excellent support and supervision in the role.
|Application deadline||8th March 2020|
|Job location||Kingston Upon Hull|
|Hours per-week||37 and 18.5|
|Salary||£32,029 - £34,788|
Hull is a city with a renewed sense of optimism, with our City of Culture status and is a great City in which to live and to work. We have opportunities for experienced social workers to join Hull and there has never been a better time than right now, if successful you will join a welcoming service where expectations are high, but you will receive excellent support and supervision in the role. We are investing in safeguarding services in order to drive service improvement and achieve better outcomes for the children and families in Hull. We want passionate and experienced staff to join us on our improvement journey.
We require all grade 9 social workers to have:
- A strong child-centred value base that informs the work with children, young people and families;
- A relentless commitment to quality and a child’s lived experience – and be able to talk about what good practice ‘looks like’ for children, young people and families and model this to others;
- Excellent interpersonal skills to engage and motivate children, young people and their families in a range of circumstances;
- Effective assessment, analysis and planning skills
- Skills in critical reflective and evidenced based decision making, and the ability to support others in developing these skills
We have the opportunities in the following areas of work;
- Locality initial assessment teams
- Locality teams working with children who have been assessed as requiring longer term intervention
- Looked After Children Teams
- 16+ Looked After Children Team
As well as competitive pay and reward other benefits include:
- Relocation Allowance available to minimise any financial detriment which may be incurred by newly appointed staff moving from outside the area
- Excellent Local Government Pension Scheme
- Free Parking on most sites (exception is City Centre sites – but reduced price parking passes are available for these)
- Laptops and mobile phones for all social workers, to enable them to work smarter and more flexibly.
- Flexible working opportunities
- Generous annual leave allowance
- Lease Car Scheme
- Pool Car availability for out of town visits
We understand that you may have questions, or want to speak to someone who already works here to find out more about Hull. That is why we have a dedicated in-house coordinator on hand to talk to you or signpost you to the right team or person. Simply contact Sarah Gibson on 01482 616364 or email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be in touch as soon as possible.
How to apply
Apply online: Apply now