We know social workers are amazing people – working in challenging circumstances to deliver the best support to help children and families thrive
|Application deadline||12th July 2020|
|Salary||£31,371.00 to £33,799.00|
We know social workers are amazing people – working in challenging circumstances to deliver the best support to help children and families thrive. It requires a variety of skills including patience, empathy, advocacy, communication, and passion.
At Wakefield we take an integrated and partnership approach to working. We work collaboratively to enact real change and positive impact for our district’s young people, families, and the communities we support.
At the heart of realising this is our staff. That’s why we’ve set you up to be in the best position to flourish, and work with families to realise their potential.
So why choose Wakefield?
- Competitive pay (with market supplements for every case holding social worker).
- Manageable caseloads – with us we strive to keep your caseload to no more than 20 – and have measures in place to make sure it stays that way.
- Small teams to foster a supportive and together culture.
- Comprehensive and innovative learning and development opportunities through an in-house Learning Academy centred on targeted training for your needs.
- You can grow with us through clear progression pathways.
- Good rewards and benefits as standard. Because we recognise staff are our most valuable resource.
- Essential car user payments.
- Minimum of 28 days paid holiday, rising according to your grade and length of service, plus 8 paid bank holidays.
- A great place to live and work. With culture, a plethora of green spaces, historical sites, culinary heritage, leisure opportunities, affordable housing, good transport links at a regional and national level, alongside being an accessible location.
- Here we’re looking for only the best social workers – those with the skills, motivation, and passion to help us move forwards. But you also need to be:
- A qualified social worker with a range of experience and expertise; able to carry out the role and responsibilities of a key worker, for a caseload which will include complex and statutory work.
- Be responsible for analysing information to support the ongoing needs of children, young people, and their families and carers.
- An individual who can develop and maintain highly effective relationships with children and young people, families, colleagues and other partner professionals to ensure integrated, holistic, and informed care management and safeguarding.
- An apt communicator, including listening, building empathy, consultation, and negotiation, in order to ensure the best outcomes for our young people.
- A problem-solver and an individual who can think innovatively to identify appropriate social work interventions to promote positive change.
- Able to provide written and verbal reports which are concise, informative and based on analysis of complex evidence which can be used within the legal context.
Salary grade range
G9 – £31,371 – £33,799
G10 – £34,788 – £37,849
If you think this is you, apply to join our team. Choose Wakefield.
If you want to find out more about the benefits to choosing Wakefield, visit our dedicated careers page here.
For an informal discussion please contact email@example.com
Closing date: 11 May 2020
How to apply
Apply online: Apply now