Here in Wakefield we are looking for Qualified Social Workers to join our locality social work teams.
|Application deadline||29th October 2021|
|Hours per-week||37 hours|
|Salary||£32,234.00 - £34,728.00 grade 9, £35,745.00 - £38,890.00 Grade 10|
In Wakefield we are committed to providing the highest level of support to our teams to enable them to support the children and young people within our local area. We have permanent Service Managers and permanent Team Managers, managing small teams of social workers and children and family workers.
We recognise the challenges for social workers both in the complexity of the role and with the additional impact of Covid. We commit to providing workers with flexible working arrangements, good quality supervision, professional development, a positive working environment and reasonable caseloads. We want all of our workers to feel safe and supported in their role.
We have adopted a restorative model in every aspect of our practice and want to work collaboratively to promote resilience and positive change for the children in our district.
So why choose Wakefield?
Here at Wakefield we know we are improving and are now a long way into our improvement journey. We know this because:
- We have strong and supportive teams with effective leadership. We have permanent managers who are committed to promoting your development.
- We provide regular and reflective supervision to enable you to manage your caseload effectively and develop in your practice.
- Manageable caseloads – with us we strive to keep your caseload below 20 – and have measures in place to make sure it stays that way.
- We offer competitive pay rates with market supplements for every case holding social worker
- We have an innovative in-house Learning Academy, which will provide you with high quality and relevant training and development opportunities.
- We promote career progression to enable you to grow with us.
- Free and easy accessible parking at your office base.
- We care about our workers and staff morale is good.
- Benefits include essential car user payments, a minimum of 28 days paid annual leave (rising according to your grade and length of service), plus 8 days paid bank holidays.
- Wakefield is a fantastic place to live and work and all of our office basis are in locations with good transport links and parking.
This gives us scope to be creative about how we want to shape our service. We have clear direction of where we want to be and we want you to be a part of this journey.
Who are we looking for?
Here we’re looking for only the best social workers – those with the skills, motivation, and passion to help us move forwards. But you also need to be:
- A qualified social worker with a range of experience and expertise; able to carry out the role and responsibilities of a key worker, for a caseload which will include complex and statutory work.
- Be responsible for analysing information to support the ongoing needs of children, young people, and their families and carers.
- An individual who can develop and maintain highly effective relationships with children and young people, families, colleagues and other partner professionals to ensure integrated, holistic, and informed care management and safeguarding.
- An apt communicator, including listening, building empathy, consultation, and negotiation, in order to ensure the best outcomes for our young people.
- A problem-solver and an individual who can think innovatively to identify appropriate social work interventions to promote positive change.
- Able to provide written and verbal reports which are concise, informative and based on analysis of complex evidence which can be used within the legal context.
If you want to find out more about the benefits to choosing Wakefield, visit our dedicated careers page here.
For an informal discussion, please contact Louise Danks – 07823 520956 / email@example.com
The successful applicant will be required to complete a Disclosure Application Form and to provide criminal conviction information.
Wakefield Council is wholly committed to ensuring children and vulnerable adults are fully supported and safe. We are dedicated to the safeguarding of all children and vulnerable adults whilst promoting their welfare. We expect all staff and volunteers to share this responsibility.
How to apply
Apply online: Apply now