|Application deadline||29th January 2020|
|Job reference||Social Worker 2|
|Salary||£30,507 - £37,849|
Department of Children’s Services
Children’s Social Care
Experienced Qualified Social Workers
Social Worker Level 2 £30,507 – £32,878 pa (Pro-rata for Part Time posts)
Senior Social Worker: £34,788 – £37,849 pa (Pro-rata for Part Time posts)
Based across the Bradford District
The Code of Practice on the English language requirement for public sector workers, Part 7 of the Immigration Act 2016, requires that Councils ensure that all candidates applying for customer facing posts must be assessed in order to establish their fluency in English.
The criteria under special knowledge and experience on the job profile which is shown in this advert, outlines what level of fluency you will be expected to demonstrate. Therefore, it is essential that you provide examples in your application.
Here in Bradford, we are passionate about positive social work practice and we strive to achieve the best possible outcomes for the children and families we work with. In order for us to achieve this goal we are investing in our children’s services and creating a new service area which means we have the opportunity to attract a range of professionals who have the skills, experience and vision to support us on our journey to improvement.
Bradford is a City which offers a richness of culture and diversity, it is the fourth largest Metropolitan District in the country and home to a population of 534,300 residents. Bradford has the largest percentage of population under the age of 16 outside London, over 30% of the population is under the age of 20. It is one of the most diverse areas in England with over 37% of the population from BAME groups.
It is an exciting time to join us in Bradford. We have a strong senior leadership team who are focussed and have a clear vision to embed quality of practice across the Bradford District. We are in a strong Teaching Partnership with the University of Bradford, and Bradford College, and have a strong ASYE programme for newly qualified practitioners, together with a wide range of Continual Professional Development opportunities to support your practice and develop your skills. We are proud to be part of the National Assessment and Accreditation of Social Workers Development programme with the Department for Education. We are embedding a Signs of Safety approach when working with families building on the strengths and developing positive relationships to support change
Our teams are looking to recruit Experienced Qualified Social Workers who are keen to grow and develop their skills in a diverse and at times challenging role, if you are at a point where you wish to develop your career and feel you are ready to share your experience and develop specialist skills, we would like to hear from you.
Join us and you you’ll become part of a team that works together to provide the best outcomes for the children, young people and their families in the Bradford District.
You will need to demonstrate :
- Enthusiasm and commitment to Positive Social Work Practice
- A resilient “can do” approach
- Experience of working with vulnerable young people and their families
- Be registered with HCPC
- Have a Social Work Qualification.
- A commitment to CPD
- Full driving licence & access to a car (unless a disability prevents this) We do hope that you are inspired to find out more about working in Bradford. If you feel you have the skills and experience for the above roles, we would be interested in hearing from you. In return we can offer you : –
- A leadership team that cares and values your skills
- Tailored training and development opportunities linked to career progression
- Regular supervision, on going support and annual appraisal
- Competitive salary and retention allowance for some posts subject to criteria
- Competitive annual leave scheme – up to 32 days plus 9 additional days
- Excellent defined benefit pension scheme – employer contributes 14.2%
- Discounted Bradford City Centre Parking SchemeFurther details can be found on the attached Job Profiles. Applicants will need to demonstrate they meet all the special knowledge and experience / qualification requirements detailed in the Job Profile.
For further information regarding this post please contact Traci Taylor our Principal Social Worker firstname.lastname@example.org or on 01274 435936.
An enhanced disclosure check with the Disclosure and Barring Service will be undertaken for this post.
How to apply
Apply online: Apply now