Committed to helping children and young people? Us too, come and help us build something special in Wakefield
|Application deadline||1st November 2020|
Service Manager – Localities – Salary: G15 £59,854 per annum
As one of three Locality Service Managers you will be responsible for approximately five locality teams, which are based in our community hubs, in either the east or west of the district.
You will oversee the work of the team which includes supporting Children in Need, care proceedings and care planning. You will ensure that your teams effectively draw upon the resources in the community hubs to provide range of early intervention and support services.
If you are as passionate about helping children and young people achieve their potential as we are, this could be the perfect job for you.
Thriving children in thriving families need exceptional people to support them. In Wakefield we’ve been working hard to make the changes that create a strong and sustainable social work service filled with confident, competent practitioners empowered to make a difference.
Our approach is beyond partnership and collaboration, we have real connection with our partners, who are just as committed and energetic about making the necessary changes as we are. The Wakefield Families Together clusters give a truly shared responsibility for success, and a passion and energy from everyone involved, right from the most senior people in the organisations all the way to frontline practitioners.
But we’re still on our journey and we’re looking for people who are up for the challenge. As a Service Manager you’ll be instrumental in shaping the development for your area. We need people who can lead from the front and promote our vision and practice model.
A move to Wakefield might be the smartest one you make if you want your next role to include all of the challenges and rewards that rapid improvement brings. In return for you bringing your passion, expertise and drive, we offer:
- A place on a dynamic and committed leadership team who welcome innovation
- An opportunity to create a service to be proud of, shaping and influencing social work practice in our continuous improvement journey
- The chance to lead and implement our dynamic practice model
- Substantial investment in the service and an expanded social work structure, teamed with a commitment to manageable spans of control
- A robust and expanded management structure, with three Heads of Service in place, freeing up your time to work with your teams working on practice development
- Your own management buddy – our programme links you with another senior manager from a different part of the council to help you develop your network and provide peer support
- Regular, reflective supervision to support your practice and professional development
- Support to achieve your career ambitions – with broad opportunities for development and progression
- Comprehensive training, including professional development and courses to support your wellbeing e.g. resilience and managing stress
- The chance to live and work in a dynamic city filled with culture and leisure opportunities, with great housing at affordable prices and good transport links
Closing Date – 1 November 2020
Interviews are to be held on Wednesday 11 November 2020
The successful applicant will be required to complete a Disclosure Application Form and to provide criminal conviction information.
Wakefield Council is wholly committed to ensuring children and young people are fully supported and safe. We are dedicated to the safeguarding of all children and young people whilst promoting their welfare and expect all staff and volunteers to share this responsibility.
For further information please visit: Wakefield Council Jobs – Service Manager
How to apply
Apply online: Apply now