|Application deadline||7th June 2019|
Committed to helping children and young people? Us too, come and help us build something special in Wakefield
Thriving children in thriving families need exceptional people to support them. In Wakefield we’ve been working hard to make the changes that will create a strong and sustainable social work service filled with confident, competent practitioners empowered to make a difference.
Our approach is beyond partnership and collaboration, we have real connection with our partners, who are just as committed and energetic about making the necessary changes as we are. There’s a truly shared responsibility for success, and a passion and energy from everyone involved, right from the most senior people in the organisations all the way to frontline practitioners.
We are on our Improvement journey and we are looking for people who are up for the challenge and can lead from the front. As a Service Manager for Fostering & Support services you will be instrumental in shaping the development of the service and furthering the fantastic progress already being made. We have already seen a significant increase in enquiries for Foster Carers and have developed a new Kinship support team and this role will see you in a pivotal position to help champion further improvement to achieve a good level of sufficiency – making a real difference to children’s lives by ensuring that we support them to live within their own families and local communities . There has been a significant investment to ensure that we can support our Care leavers and ensure that the emotional well-being of our LAC is addressed by a dedicated Emotional well-being team now developed to work alongside our CAMHS colleagues and placement providers to support the needs of our most vulnerable children and their carers.
The Support services are then further complimented by the development of a restorative and dynamic Edge of Care offer and family time model of contact to ensure that children are supported to develop lifelong links.
So a move to Wakefield might be the smartest one you make if you want your next role to include all of the challenges and rewards that rapid improvement brings. In return for you bringing your passion, expertise and drive, we offer:
• A place on a dynamic and committed leadership team who welcome innovation
• An opportunity to create a service to be proud of, shaping and influencing social work practice in the early part of our improvement journey
• The chance to contribute to developing our practice model
• Substantial investment in the service and an expanded social work structure, teamed with a commitment to manageable spans of control
• A robust and expanded management structure, with new Heads of Service in place, freeing up your time to work with your teams working on practice development
• Your own management buddy – our programme links you with another senior manager from a different part of the council to help you develop your network and provide peer support
• Regular, reflective supervision to support your practice and professional development
• Support to achieve your career ambitions – with broad opportunities for development and progression
• Comprehensive training, including professional development and courses to support your wellbeing e.g. resilience and managing stress
• The chance to live and work in a dynamic city filled with culture and leisure opportunities, with great housing at affordable prices and good transport links
Interviews are scheduled to be held on week beginning the 10.06.19
The successful applicant will be required to complete a Disclosure Application Form and to also provide criminal conviction information.
Wakefield Council is wholly committed to ensuring children and young people are fully supported and safe. We are dedicated to the safeguarding of all children and young people whilst promoting their welfare and expect all staff and volunteers to share this responsibility.
For further information please visit: www.wakefield.gov.uk Alternatively, you can contact the Recruitment Line on 0345 8506506 (typetalk calls welcome).