|Application deadline||7th October 2020|
|Job location||North East Lincolnshire|
|Salary||£56,432 per annum|
About this job
As Service Manager you will have strategic leadership for Assessment and Intervention service delivering positive outcomes for the vulnerable children, young people and families in North East Lincolnshire.
We are looking for a leader and decision-maker; someone with the depth of experience and knowledge to help us continually improve our service. We require someone with the highest of practice standards but also with the passion and empathy that is needed to deliver a child-centred service for vulnerable children and young people.
What we are looking for
If you are an experienced manager in a Children’s Services role delivering diverse and complex social care service for vulnerable children, young people and families, we are looking for the right person to head up our Court Services and Safeguarding service in North East Lincolnshire.
We need people who share our vision. Who are flexible and proactive but above all, who genuinely care about the children and families they will be dealing with.
If you have the ambition, we have the commitment and resources to help you achieve it.
We are a small team and it is essential that we get the right person for this role, so although relevant experience and qualifications are a given, the right attitude is a must.
If this sounds like you, then please get in touch.
- You hold a fully accredited DipSW/Social Work degree (equivalent to Level 6 NQF), are registered with Social Work England
- You have management qualification and/or significant management experience gained effectively delivering a social care service for children, young people and families
- Management skills must include; performance, people management, budgeting and risk management
- You can effectively apply your in-depth specialist knowledge and expertise to plan and deliver a diverse and complex social care service, including the application of the latest research, regulatory frameworks and best practice
- Experience of motivating, leading, supporting and challenging social workers to develop their capabilities and performance
- You can manage budgets and demonstrate a sound understanding of the principals of budget management and have the ability to plan over short, medium and long-term timeframes and adjust plans and resources as required
- You can set and monitor performance targets for the service against objectives and budgets and devise effective measures to ensure these targets are met and there is continued improvements in performance and professional practice
- You have excellent communication and inter-personal skills which support collaborative working with a wide range of partners and stakeholders through building robust and open relationships
- You are committed to doing everything possible to achieve the best for all children, young people and families
- You have a commitment to the highest of practice standards and continuing your professional development
To find out more about this role and to make an application please visit https://childrensservicesnel.co.uk/current_vacancies/service-manager-assessment-intervention/
We understand that you probably have lots of questions so please contact the link person for this role who is a qualified social worker and is happy to have an informal chat before you apply.
Contact: Dawn Alaszewski
Head of Safeguarding
0755 783 2799
About North East Lincolnshire Children’s Services
There has never been a more exciting time to work for North East Lincolnshire’s Children’s Services.
The turnaround in our service is being driven by a commitment and investment from the Council to transform the service and has resulted in a total overhaul of our structure, roles, and what our social workers need to deliver the very best service for our vulnerable children and young people.
As part of that transformation, we are looking to add to our team with the right people who share our vision and ethos.
To find out more about North East Lincolnshire’s Children’s Services, visit our dedicated website https://childrensservicesnel.co.uk/
Our commitment to you
North East Lincolnshire is an Authority where social workers are truly valued;
- A team with strong relationships, that is friendly and supportive
- Good relationships with and support from other services, agencies and external partners, working together for the good benefit of the children
- A Leadership Team that has committed to drive the transformation journey of the service and who care about the job you do and the families you support
- An ethos to reduce the demand for Social Work intervention by strengthening our early intervention input
- Award-winning Practice Framework
- A strong and varied learning and professional development programme
- Excellent links with local Universities with access to research and resources
- Flexible working options to help your life/work balance
- Competitive salary and benefits package including car parking scheme, car lease scheme and payment of HCPC fees
- Offices with a seafront location
- A beautiful part of the country with a low cost of living
How to apply
Apply online: Apply now