Application deadline 7th April 2019
Job reference FAM 1400
Job location Kirklees
Hours per-week 37
Salary £36,876 - £38,813 per annum plus 16% enhancement and a market rate supplement of £1,500 (reviewed annually)

The Emergency Duty Service ensures that Kirklees Council can fulfil its statutory duties to provide urgent social care for children and those in need of emergency housing accommodation, outside office hours. Working on a rota, EDS workers give priority to those people at greatest risk and provide social work assessments and emergency help until the next working day when daytime services will take over.

You will assess and prioritise the urgency of a service request and either arrange for an assessment to be undertaken having regard to emergency service priorities, or pass onto day teams the next working day. You will provide reports to daytime services for the next working day. You will have responsibility for prioritising work out of hours to ensure that the most vulnerable are prioritised.

You will be an experienced senior practitioner or equivalent who can work across service areas in an independent manner.

Requirements for the job:

•Social Work qualified and HCPC registered and successful completion of Senior Practitioner progression process
•Significant experience of working with children, young people and their carers
•Working knowledge of relevant legislation and ability to apply legislation to practice
•Able to transfer knowledge and skills into new situations
•IT skills to support accurate and timely case recording

An enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check is required for this job. Please note that a conviction may not exclude candidates from appointment but will be considered as part of the recruitment process.

Travel is an essential part of this job and therefore it would be extremely difficult for you to do your job effectively if you did not use a car for all or most of the time. It is essential that you hold a full and valid driving licence and it is expected that you will either use a council vehicle or your own car.

How to apply

Apply online: Apply now