|Application deadline||15th May 2022|
|Job location||North Yorkshire|
|Hours per-week||Flexible part-time or full-time|
|Salary||£50,183 - £58,379 pro rata per annum + relocation support|
North Yorkshire – Safeguarding Children Partnership
Safeguarding Unit Manager £50,183 – £58,379 + relocation support
Location: Northallerton Flexible/ Hybrid working
Hours: Flexible part-time or full-time
North Yorkshire Children’s Partnership are seeking a Safeguarding Unit Manager to get the very best outcomes for young people in North Yorkshire.
This is a highly influential role in helping to ensure we achieve the very best outcomes for the young people within North Yorkshire. As Safeguarding Unit Manager you will have the vision, leadership and drive to meet and deliver the challenges head on as well as the ability to work successfully with the Clinical Commissioning Group, Police and wider Partnerships and senior management.
Following a consultation with the relevant agencies the statutory requirement for North Yorkshire to have a Local Safeguarding Children Board was removed and instead, North Yorkshire Safeguarding Children Partnership (NYSCP) undertakes the work formerly assumed by the North Yorkshire Children’s Trust and North Yorkshire Safeguarding Children Board. It includes three statutory safeguarding partners in North Yorkshire as follows:
• North Yorkshire County Council
• North Yorkshire Police
• North Yorkshire Clinical Commissioning Groups
The statutory function of the NYSCP is to co-ordinate and embed safeguarding practice within organisations across multi-sector, whilst also ensuring effectiveness of practice and with the aim of ensuring all children in North Yorkshire are safe, happy, healthy and achieving. It also provides independent scrutiny of practice, policy and procedures across the county, scrutinising and challenging to ensure practice is reviewed from all angles, seeking assurance to ensure all partners have adequate and robust safeguarding procedures.
The core focus of this role is to be a strategic partnership leader and influencer, reporting directly to the Director of Children and Young People’s Services. It carries responsibility for the leadership of a dedicated Safeguarding Unit which meets the key statutory function whilst also supporting and driving delivery of the priorities ensuring effective joined up services for children and families who are involved in safeguarding systems, by enhancing quality control, delivering direct Partnership services, innovating Partnership approaches and improved planning and reviewing. The operational management of the unit is through the Unit Manager, ensuring that the post holder has the capacity and support to deliver our strategic imperatives.
What you will bring
• Significant experience of children’s safeguarding either through the Police/ Social Care or Clinical Commissioning Group sectors (or similar).
• An oversight of the partnership arrangements ensuring effective safeguarding.
• Rigor of investigating Multi-Agency Child Exploitation (MACE) and Local Authority Designated Officers (LADOs) with the ability to hold individuals to account seeing through complexity and risk.
• Able to manage and identify risk, challenge, simplify and articulate in a clear way around these issues ensuring a strategic colleague and partnership approach.
• You will be a safeguarding focused leader, with a clear vision of success you will have a passion for significant challenges and a track record of delivering highly respected robust safeguarding service.
• You possess exceptional influencing skills, are innovative and forward thinking to identify opportunities and help drive a culture of continuous safeguarding improvement.
• Conducting yourself in a way befitting our culture; you act with integrity, leading by example, with enthusiasm and strong ambition.
• You are able to make an instant impact in a high profile, demanding and complex environment, with clarity of focus.
• A dynamic, proactive organised individual who is an excellent communicator – both verbally and written, with ability to forge strong business partnerships, motivating and empowering others.
North Yorkshire is a special place, it is a great County with people and businesses who are proud to live here, proud of what they do and of who they are; the people who work for and represent the Council and the Safeguarding Partnership Board are just the same. We are passionate about the place that we work in and the people for whom we work and our children are at the centre of everything we do. We are proud about what we have achieved; confident about the services that we provide and ambitious for the future.
We want you to work to live not live to work, we want you to have time for the things in life that really matter to you – this is really important to us. We hope that this opportunity is available at the right time for you to step into an opportunity to make a difference to children’s live, enabling them to thrive in this great county.
If you are interested and are inspired to help lead the next phase of our journey, we look forward to your application. We encourage you to explore your interest with our recruitment partners at The Resourcing Solution to learn a little more.
Apply now: https://www.northyorks.gov.uk/safeguarding-unit-manager-safeguarding-children-partnership
How to apply
Apply online: Apply now