Department of Children’s Services
Programme Lead (Children’s Improvement Programme)
Grade Special A £44,628 pa – £48,229 pa
4 x 37 hours per week
Temporary until September 2021
Based at Margaret McMillian Tower, Bradford City Centre
Bradford Metropolitan District Council has an exciting opportunity for four Programme Leads to work within the Innovation and Improvement team and with colleagues to drive, support and deliver the Children’s Improvement Programme.
- Are you looking for a new challenge?
- Are you well organised, diligent and have experience of leading multiple projects within a programmes approach?
- Do you have experience of working in a children’s services environment and able to provide support and challenge to improve outcomes for children and families?
If your answer to these questions is yes, then we would really like you to consider working with us on the next phase of our Improvement and Innovation journey
We are looking for people who can clearly demonstrate skills, knowledge and experience in the following four areas of work:
- Early Help and Families First (Troubled Families)
- Social Work Practice and Social Care Leadership and Management
- Enabling Projects across Children’s Services supporting improvement
- All age Prevention and Early Help and Youth Offending
These posts are available to both internal and external candidates on a secondment or fixed term temporary contract. If you are interested in secondment from your service or agency you will first need to have secured the secondment agreement with your manager or organisation prior to the application.
The Code of Practice on the English language requirement for public sector workers, Part 7 of the Immigration Act 2016 requires that Councils ensure that all candidates applying for customer facing posts must be assessed in order to establish their fluency in English.
The criteria under special knowledge and experience on the job profile which is shown in this advert outlines what level of fluency you will be expected to demonstrate. Therefore, it is essential that you provide examples in your application.
Please ensure that you identify which role/s you are interested in, and clearly show in your application how your skills, knowledge and experience demonstrate your specialism in these fields.
You will be expected and able to collaborate effectively with a wide range of colleagues and stakeholders, communicate effectively, be self-managing, have a range of analytical skills, and be driven to deliver the expected programme outcomes.
The relevant experience requirements for these roles are:
- 5 years’ experience of operating at a senior management level within a large multifunctional public service organisation, and in a service area relevant to the post specifically Children’s Social Care.
- 3 years demonstrable experience of leading, driving and delivering change, facilitating work groups and programme and project management experience.
The relevant professional qualifications requirements for these roles are:
- L5 – NQF Level 5 – Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent level or professional qualification in the relevant Sector i.e. Social Care.
- A formal Project Management qualification e.g. PRINCE 2, MSP or significant programme and project management experience amounting to 5 years.
Closing Date for applications: 10th July 2020
Interviews will be held week commencing 20th July 2020
For further information regarding these posts, please contact Phil Hayden on 07786600912 or firstname.lastname@example.org
|Application deadline||10th July 2020|
|Hours per-week||37 hours|
|Salary||£44,628 - £48,229 pa|
How to apply
Apply online: Apply now