|Application deadline||19th June 2020|
|Job location||East Riding of Yorkshire|
|Salary||£45,591 per annum|
Job Term: Permanent
Appointment Type: Full time
Days of work: Monday – Friday
Hours per week: 37 hours
Place of Work: County Hall, Beverley with travel to other office bases across the county
We are looking for an outstanding leader who has the commitment and passion to ensure that the best possible outcomes for children and young people are delivered across East Riding. Since our Ofsted inspection we have been working hard to make improvement to our social work system and we are excited about the changes we have already achieved. Now we want to recruit a Principal Social Worker who is passionate about good quality social work and has the drive to join our journey.
As our Principal Social Worker for Children and Families, you will:
- Lead, develop and oversee excellent social work practice, modelling what good looks like and in partnership with colleagues coach and mentor newly qualified workers
- Manage a small team of workers
- Work alongside the Senior Management Team to identify key areas of strength and improvement whilst developing plans to respond
- Have a key role in developing and delivering the practice methodology that underpins direct work with children and families.
- Actively engage the voice of social work, children and their families in service planning
- Support the development of social work career pathways, continuing professional development opportunities whilst delivering on recruitment and retention ambitions
- Assist with the delivery of our improvement activity
You will be an experienced social worker, comfortable taking decisions on behalf of the organisation, be able to influence strategic decision making within the service and across the wider children’s services community and ensure that the service is fulfilling all of its statutory functions.
If you would like to know more about this exciting opportunity please contact, Jo Gomerson, Strategic Lead for the Safeguarding and Partnership Hub on 078703788986 / firstname.lastname@example.org or David Radford, Strategic Lead, Quality, Learning and Improvement on 01482 396998 /email@example.com.
East Riding of Yorkshire Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. We expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment and an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) disclosure will be sought along with other relevant pre-employment checks.
To find out more about this role and to apply please visit the East Riding Recruiter website.
Closing date: 19th June 2020
Interview date: to be confirmed
How to apply
Apply online: Apply now