|Application deadline||24th March 2019|
|Salary||£27,358 - £33,136|
Grade 8/9 SCP 30 £27,358 – SCP 37 £33,136. This post is 37 hours per week and permanent. Pay award pending.
Committed to helping children and young people? Us too, come and help us build something special in Wakefield
Thriving children in thriving families need exceptional people to support them. In Wakefield we’ve been working hard to make the changes that will create a strong and sustainable social work service filled with confident, competent and resilient practitioners empowered to make a difference.
Our approach is beyond partnership and collaboration, we have real connection with our partners, who are just as committed and energetic about making the necessary changes as we are. There’s a truly shared responsibility for success, and a passion and energy from everyone involved, from the most senior people in the organisations all the way to frontline practitioners. But we’re still on our journey and we’re looking for people who are up for the challenge to join us.
A move to Wakefield might be the smartest one you make if you want your next role to include all of the challenges and rewards that rapid improvement brings. In return for you bringing your passion, expertise and drive, we offer:
- Manageable caseloads – we’ve made good progress on bringing down workloads and are aiming for case-loads of no more than 15 for newly-qualified social workers, with no more than 160 children’s cases per team. Our smaller teams and Advanced Practitioners to coach and mentor you means you get the best support.
- Regular, reflective supervision to support your practice and professional development. We don’t ever want you to feel alone.
- Additional investment in the social work structure, with new management positions and additional frontline teams being established.
- A Practice Academy with an ASYE faculty that will support you to succeed in your assessed and supportive year with us. The faculty has a dedicated manager to work with you to develop your skills and knowledge and prepare you for your future career with us.
- Bursary Payment of GBP 1,000 for Newly Qualified Social Workers taking up their first paid employment after qualifying.
- Creative Learning and Development, including professional development and opportunities to support your wellbeing and resilience.
- A dedicated and strengthened administration function, to maximise the time you spend with children and families.
- The chance to live and work in a dynamic city filled with culture and leisure opportunities, with great housing at affordable prices and good transport links.
Please note: Locality Social Worker posts now attract a Market Rate Supplement of GBP 1,250 payable in the first 12 months in post, for those that qualify, with additional payments scheduled for years 2 and 3.
If you are interested in a Social Work role with Wakefield Council we’d love to hear from you. If you have a preference for a specialist area, please make this clear on your application form, if you are successful at interview, you will be contacted to discuss suitable opportunities across the service.
Should you have any queries then please don’t hesitate to contact Alicia Holdsworth, on 01924 305753.
The successful applicant will be required to complete a Disclosure Application Form and to provide criminal conviction information.
Wakefield Council is wholly committed to ensuring children and young people are fully supported and safe. We are dedicated to the safeguarding of all children and young people whilst promoting their welfare and expect all staff and volunteers to share this responsibility.
How to apply
Apply online: Apply now