We know social workers are amazing people – working in challenging circumstances to deliver the best support to help children and families thrive. It requires a variety of skills including patience, empathy, advocacy, communication and passion.
At Wakefield we take an integrated and partnership approach to working. We work collaboratively to enact real change and positive impact for our district’s young people, families, and the communities we support.
|Application deadline||13th April 2020|
|Salary||£27,905 to £30,507 Grade 8, £31,371 to £33,799 Grade 9|
At the heart of realising this is our staff. That’s why we’ve set you up to be in the best position to flourish, and work with families to realise their potential.
So why choose Wakefield as an ASYE?
- Competitive pay with market supplements for every case holding social worker
- Accelerated progression in place, with no parameters.
- Manageable caseloads – with us we strive to keep your caseload to no more than 15 (and up to 20 if you’re qualified).
- Small teams to foster a supportive and together culture.
- Regular, reflective supervision to aid your practice and development.
- Comprehensive and innovative learning and development opportunities through an in-house Learning Academy, including a dedicated ASYE Faculty centred on supporting you to succeed with its structured 12-month programme.
- You can grow with us through clear progression pathways and targeted training based on your needs and interests.
- Good rewards and benefits as standard. Because we recognise staff are our most valuable resource.
- Essential car user payments.
- Minimum of 28 days paid holiday, rising according to your grade and length of service, plus 8 paid bank holidays.
- A great place to live and work. With culture, a plethora of green spaces, historical sites, culinary heritage, leisure opportunities, affordable housing, good transport links at a regional and national level, alongside being an accessible location.
Here we’re looking for only the best social workers – those with the skills, motivation, and passion to help us move forwards.
If you think this is you, apply to join our team. Choose Wakefield.
If you want to find out more about the benefits to choosing Wakefield, visit our dedicated careers page here.
For an informal discussion please contact email@example.com
Closing date: Monday 13 April 2020
Assessment Centre: week commencing: 27 April 2020
Wakefield Council is wholly committed to ensuring children and young people are fully supported and safe. We are dedicated to the safeguarding of all children and young people whilst promoting their welfare, and expect staff and volunteers to share this responsibility.
The successful applicant will be required to complete a Disclosure Application Form and to provide criminal conviction information.
How to apply
Apply online: Apply now