At Hull City Council we are committed to achieving the best possible outcomes for our children and young people and we are passionate about how we provide services to them. That’s why we are developing and nurturing a culture that puts our children and young people at the heart of everything we do – by empowering our workforce to work together to find solutions, to be open, honest and respectful, to take responsibility and listen and learn from others.
If you value these behaviours too, we’d love to hear from you. Hull is a changing local authority and it’s a fantastic time to join us and be a key player in supporting our journey.
|Application deadline||19th July 2020|
|Job location||Kingston Upon Hull|
We are now recruiting a second manager of our Independent Reviewing Service. This is an exciting opportunity for a committed, motivated and outstanding individual who wants to join our leadership team and help us provide excellent, high-quality, innovative services.
You will directly support up to 10 Independent Reviewing Officers and Independent Fostering Reviewing Officers and you will lead on driving improvement on child protection and fostering planning and review.
The Independent Reviewing Service has a key role to play in supporting good social work and multi-agency practice and providing effective challenge across services and agencies, in the best interests of children, to achieve consistently good outcomes. You will need high ambition for children, a willingness and ability to challenge effectively at all levels, an ability to form excellent working relationships at all levels and a range of influencing and leadership skills to drive practice improvement, within and beyond the service.
We are keen to recruit those who have successful experience in a similar role and a good knowledge of safeguarding.
Why it’s great to work for Hull City Council:
- A competitive salary of up to £49,534
- An excellent pension through the Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS)
- Up to 31 days annual leave depending on grade and length of service. You will also get eight public holidays per year, and three additional days off, one in May/August and one during the Christmas/New year period
- Career development and learning experiences from a range of training courses and learning methods
- A generous relocation package available
- Supportive and forward thinking culture
- Great career development opportunities
- Flexible working hours
For an informal discussion or to find out more contact Neil Colthup (Head of Service, Quality Assurance) 07740408665
To apply online please visit www.hullcc.gov.uk/jobs
How to apply
Apply online: Apply now