|Application deadline||28th February 2019|
|Job reference||FAM 1282|
|Salary||£39,002 - £40,858 plus a Market Rate Supplement of £4,500 (reviewed annually)|
The post will implement and operate Child Protection Procedures in Kirklees, monitoring procedures and practice in order to ensure that Kirklees Safeguarding Children Board Child Protection Procedures are adhered to. Post holders will chair the reviews of statutory child care cases, remaining independent of the management of the child’s case and resources allocated that case, ensuring care plans are determined that meet the child’s assessed needs and these plans are actioned.
Acting as Local Authority Designated Officer on a Duty basis in the absence of the LADO to manage allegations of harm to children made about staff and volunteers working with children across Kirklees.
Requirements for this role include:
- Significant post qualifying experience in statutory child care work and experience in child protection.
- Experience of managing staff including experience of providing social work supervision and/or support.
- The confidence and ability to work constructively with senior managers, offering a critical perspective and appropriate challenge.
- A thorough understanding of the legal framework relating to looked after children and care leavers together with safeguarding children.
- Knowledge of the evidence about what makes for good quality practice in working with children and families to safeguard children and promote their welfare.
- An ability to analyse complex child care cases and to use issues from practice to inform policy development.
You must hold a HCPC recognised Social Work Qualification and be registered with the HCPC.
Travel is an essential part of this job and therefore it would be extremely difficult for you to do your job effectively if you did not use a car for all or most of the time. It is essential that you hold a full and valid driving licence and it is expected that you will either use a council vehicle or your own car.
An enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check will be required for this job. A conviction may not exclude candidates from appointment but will be considered as part of the recruitment process.
To apply please follow the link at the top of the page to the Kirklees website and complete the online application form.
How to apply
Apply online: Apply now