|Application deadline||4th July 2017|
|Job reference||FAM 9639|
|Hours per-week||up to 37 (Full Time & Part Time hours available)|
|Salary||£Up to £37,306 plus a Market Supplement of £1,500. Also £2,000 welcome package for external appointments|
At Kirklees Council we are on a journey – and we are looking for talented, experienced social workers to join a team that’s already transforming services for children and young people.
We have a huge commitment to providing our social workers with exceptional levels of support. This includes working hard to reduce caseloads, ensuring excellent professional development and achieving the best possible standards of supervision and management.
With a strong focus on early help, we are putting staff at the heart of our improvements and valuing their knowledge, views and ideas.
We have already seen a huge amount of change – in our working practices, our management oversight and in ensuring the voice of the child is central to everything we do – with the goal of achieving consistently high standards.
As an experienced Social Worker in Kirklees you can expect to:
- Do the job you love
- Be supported and have your experienced recognised
- Have real opportunities to specialise based on your experience, interests and passions
- Have excellent continuous professional development opportunities including training in our Risk Sensible Model and we have a Strengthening Practice Programme
- Have opportunities to put the wide range of training and development you will receive, including post qualifying qualifications with the University of Huddersfield, into practice
- A manageable caseload
- Have an induction programme and regular reflective supervision and a 6 monthly appraisal with a supportive manager
- The opportunity to participate in and lead practice development sessions and to share your valued skills and experience with others
- Have access to additional support from Advanced Practitioners and Legal Project Officers
Assessment and Intervention – Our newly created Assessment and Intervention Service will ensure children, young people and their families receive timely assessments and interventions undertaken by one Social Worker providing consistency and letting you really get to know the families you are working with. We will have smaller teams to give you the support you need.
We are holding a children’s social work recruitment fair on Friday 28th April 2017 9.00am – 5.30pm for more details please click Here
If you’d like to discuss the opportunities we have available please contact Catherine Harrison (Principal Social Worker) on 01484 221000.
Travel is an essential part of this job and therefore it would be extremely difficult for you to do your job effectively if you did not use a car for all or most of the time. It is essential that you hold a full and valid driving licence and it is expected that you will either use a council vehicle or your own car (exceptions can be made for disabled applicants).
An enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check will be required for this job. A conviction may not exclude candidates from appointment but will be considered as part of the recruitment process.
How to apply
Apply online: Apply now