Bradford striving for Excellence – making Children and Young People the Future
Through The Department of Children’s Services, Children’s Specialist Services
CSE Experienced Social Worker
Experienced Social Worker (SWL3): £28,485 to £33,437 pa
Our salaries are very competitive and we offer the following rates of pay (Pro Rata for Part Time Posts).
1 x 37 hours (Temporary to cover Maternity Leave)
1 x 37 hours Established
This post is based centrally at Sir Henry Mitchell House
(CSE Hub – working in a Multi Agency Safeguarding Hub. (MASH). This is working alongside partner agencies – Police, Education, Health and Voluntary sector).
Bradford is the 4th largest Local Authority with a population of 530,000 of which 150,000 are children and young people, making us one of the key cities with a young age group population.
To ensure we achieve even better outcomes for children and young people. We are on a journey to excellence; ensuring children are at the heart of everything we do. We continue to embed solution focused practice by adopting the signs of safety model with key partners across the district within our work with families and ensuring we have a clear model of care for the children and young people we look after.
Bradford is a dynamic and forward thinking council which is reviewing how it delivers our services to our customers in order to improve educational outcomes, protect vulnerable children and young people in the district, and reduce the effects of childhood poverty.
Visit this link to see testimony from one of our social workers and senior leadership team https://youtu.be/0eD8rkcXYBo
|Application deadline||26th February 2018|
|Salary||£28,485 to £33,437|
Our aim in partnership with the Children’s Trust is:
‘For every one of our children to have the best possible start in life’
In order to meet our vision, we aspire to develop a workforce that is therapeutically trained and supported, motivated, aspirational and highly skilled, who have the best interests of the children at the heart of everything they do
To enable us to deliver we need social workers who share our vision and who are passionate about supporting families in the district, providing safety and stability for children and contributing in a positive and proactive way to the Journey of Excellence.
Are you passionate in your work environment seeking/striving to support :
- Families within the district
- Provide safety and stability for children
Do you meet the following?
- Hold a DIPSW or equivalent qualification and are registered with the HCPC as a qualified social worker.
- Have a full driving licence and car available for work (unless a disability prevents this)
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills and be able to make good decisions based on the information available, ensuring effective relationships with other professionals
- Possess excellent Innovation skills to join us on our journey to excellence.
- Have demonstrated a commitment to anti-oppressive practice and to the Departments equal opportunities policy
- Have the ability to work within and contribute to a team.
- Have experience of working with children and young people where there are concerns of child sexual exploitation
- Possess knowledge of service needs for ethnic minority communities
- Have confident IT skills, and be able to navigate an electronic file system.
- Have the ability to write clear, concise robust reports.
- Have a flexible approach when need arises.
Then we want to hear from you, if you are a social worker and have the attributes that we need to assist us in the Journey to Excellence and be part of Bradford’s future, enabling us to be the best of the best.
What do we offer as a Council? We provide numerous Employee opportunities and benefits including:
- A structured and practical based induction programme
- CPD opportunities and protected time for study.
- The opportunity to continue your development through our progression framework.
- Support through interactive 4 weekly supervision sessions which allow you to share your thoughts and ideas and build on the future of Bradford.
- An annual appraisal of practice, ensuring clarity of purpose and providing an opportunity to take stock, raise ideas and obtain valuable and constructive feedback.
- Excellent training and learning opportunities, including opportunities to develop practice based on interests and passions, through our practitioner led forums.
- A culturally diverse workforce reflecting our communities.
What do some of our social workers say about working in Bradford Children’s Services?
“We are making differences to children’s lives by acting appropriately to risk”
“Workers support one another, as do the team managers and this helps us to keep the children as our focus”
What did the Ofsted JTAI (April 2017) inspectors say about Bradford?
- ‘Leadership within children’s social care is effective and senior managers are creating a healthy environment in Bradford for effective social work to flourish’.
- Across partners there is commitment to continual improvement to offer a wide range of high quality services to meet the diverse needs of children and families.
What Benefits do we offer:
Payroll deduction savings scheme for BMDC employees
A healthcare cash plan is a type of insurance policy that lets you claim back the cost of treatments, such as eye tests, dental treatment or physiotherapy
The MetroFit scheme is an offer exclusive to Bradford Metropolitan District Council employees, designed to promote a healthy lifestyle, by entitling them to a discounted rate for certain sports and leisure activities.
Discounts available to CBMDC staff at the Visitor Information Centres in the District.
Travel benefits for major modes of transport.
Save money on all types of registered childcare for children.
A relocation package may be available for successful candidates who meet the criteria.
For further information regarding this post, please contact Zoe King on 01274 435600 or email email@example.com
An enhanced disclosure check with the Disclosure and Barring Service will be undertaken for this post.