These are key roles that offer the right candidates exciting opportunities to develop their careers with Rotherham Council Children and Young People’s Service. Help us to achieve our ambition to become outstanding and be part of our improvement journey and the transformational changes that we are making.
|Application deadline||30th June 2019|
|Salary||£Up to £40,688 (includes basic salary of £37,849 + an annual retention payment of £2,839) & excellent benefits|
- Low case loads
- Strong support from Manager
- You will be developed into an excellent practitioner. All Social Care Professionals will be trained extensively in the ‘Signs of Safety’ operating model (15 day programme) and Restorative Practice approaches
- Early Help provision is strong, which is now reducing the demand for social care and supporting professionals with creative options for service users
- A new menu of ‘edge of care’ services are being developed, including ‘Intensive Adolescent Response’ and ‘Family Group Conferencing’
- Investment has been secured to ensure our most challenging young people have access to high quality therapeutic support
- Looked After Children are prioritised for CAMHS assessment and intervention
- Career Pathway
- The opportunity to make a real difference to the children and families in need of care
ABOUT THE LOCALITY SOCIAL WORK SERVICE
The locality social work service works with children and their families from across the borough of Rotherham and consists of 12 teams working from 5 office bases (Clifton the Place, Rawmarsh service centre, Maltby service centre, Aston service centre and Swinton centre).
The teams focus on:
- children in need
- children in need of protection
- children where a PLO/pre-proceedings process is ongoing
- looked after children prior to transfer to the children in care service
The locality social work service aims to provide the right service with the right approach at the right time by:
- Identifying and clearly explaining the nature and level of risk to children and the impact this will have on them if nothing changes;
- Understand the child’s experience through our visits to the family, direct work and observations and
- Create plans and ways of working with children and their families that achieve a tangible positive difference
Rotherham is striving to become a child friendly borough. The locality social work service has an ambitious programme of improvement and we are determined to provide good quality, timely intervention to ensure that children and their families receive the help and protection that they need to help them achieve their full potential and a better outcome in life.
We know that social workers need good quality support and challenge from their managers. We have created small teams with an advanced practitioner post in each team to provide an environment that allows for regular supervision and oversight to ensure that social workers are supported to do a good job. All of our managers and workers will be provided with training in Signs of Safety and Restorative Practice, to enable us to create a strengths based approach with the families that we are working with.
The locality social work teams work closely with colleagues in early help locality teams which serve the same geographical areas to ensure that help is provided to children and their families at the most appropriate level. The locality social work teams also work closely with the looked after children’s service and the CSE team – Evolve.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
With new leadership in place and a heartfelt pledge to provide a best practice centre of excellence, we are committed to cultivating a positive, performance-led culture underpinned by plenty of support at all levels. Increasing the number of our teams and upgrading our systems we have reduced caseloads and paperwork, giving our staff more time to dedicate to building relationships that matter. We are confident that you will be joining an organisation that is rewarding in every sense. And most importantly, that will serve our community to the highest possible standards.
Our social worker positions are career graded so there is a clear pathway as you progress through the bands. As you move up you will meet increasing levels of responsibility, complexity of work and a higher emotional demand. We will offer support every step of the way, and our Practitioner Board provides a formal platform to share views and concerns with the service as a whole.
We have invested in training programmes and set out a clear career development pathway. From continuing your professional development with ongoing, practical training, to reaching senior management levels, at Rotherham there is a definite ladder to be climbed for those with talent and ambition. In return we are looking for a real commitment to making a difference to the children and families in need of our care.
You will have experience of working with children in need.
You will be confident about carrying out risk assessments.
You will be able to organise your daily workload independently.
You will have presented evidence in court.
You will have experience of carrying out safeguarding investigations in a multi-agency environment.
You will be able to demonstrate initiative and be able to respond independently to unexpected situations.
You will be able to negotiate tactfully when dealing with potential conflict.
You will be capable of accurate reporting and the communication of sometimes complex information to a variety of audiences.
You will be passionate about maximising a child’s life chances.
You will care.
If you have any questions regarding the roles please email them to firstname.lastname@example.org
How to apply
Apply online: Apply now