|Application deadline||10th July 2017|
|Salary||£36,379 to £39,177|
Bradford Metropolitan District Council
Department of Childrens’ Services
Performance, Commissioning and Partnerships
Children’s Safeguarding and Reviewing Unit
Child Protection Coordinator
£36, 379 pa – £ 39,177 pa (Pro rata for Part Time Posts)
1 x 37 hours per week
Based at Margaret McMillan Tower
The Code of Practice on the English language requirement for public sector workers, Part 7 of the Immigration Act 2016 requires that Councils ensure that all candidates applying for customer facing posts must be assessed in order to establish their fluency in English.
The criteria under special knowledge and experience on the job profile which is shown in this advert outlines what level of fluency you will be expected to demonstrate. Therefore, it is essential that you provide examples in your application.
The Safeguarding and Reviewing Unit is a busy service based in the centre of Bradford at McMillan House. Child Protection Coordinators chair Initial Child Protection Case Conferences, Reviews and Strategy Meetings, developing and reviewing robust inter agency plans for children who are in need of safeguarding. This includes situations where concerns are reported about professionals and people working with children and the allegations management process is applied.
Child Protection Coordinators represent the Children’s Safeguarding and Reviewing Unit at relevant BSCB sub-groups and other professional forums, including Multi Agency Public Protection Arrangements, under the guidance of the Service Manager.
You will need:
- 4 years Post qualifying experience working with children
- A professional qualification (CQSW, CSS, or DIP SW and professional registration
- Experience of consultancy work and training
- The ability to chair multi agency conferences and meetings, make clear decisions and recommendations and produce timely, outcome focused safeguarding plans
- A knowledge of Safeguarding Procedures, relevant child care legislation, national and local guidance in child protection work, with an understanding of multiagency responsibilities and the role of the Local Safeguarding Children Board
- A knowledge of the Signs of Safety model and how it can be used in the context of safeguarding meetings for children and their families
For further information regarding this post please contact Mr Frank Hand on 01274 437915 or email email@example.com
An enhanced disclosure check with the Disclosure and Barring Service will be undertaken for this post
How to apply
Apply online: Apply now