|Application deadline||27th February 2017|
|Salary||£23,166 - £35,093|
Bradford Striving For Excellence – Making Children and Young People the Future
Through The Department of Children’s Services, Children’s Specialist Services
Various Established and Temporary Social Worker posts available within Bradford Council’s Children’s Social Services
Our salaries are very competitive and we offer the following rates of pay (Pro Rata For Part Time Posts) :
- Newly Qualified Social Workers (Assisted and Supported Year in Employment ASYE): £23,166 to £25,694 pa
- Social Worker (SWL2): £24,717 to £29,033 pa
- Experienced Social Worker (SWL3): £28,203 to £33,106 pa
- Advanced Practitioner: £34,196 to £35,093 pa (Must have Post Graduate Diploma in Child Welfare & Safeguarding)
Due to the size of the Bradford District we have teams based centrally at Sir Henry Mitchell House and Margaret Macmillan Tower in Bradford City Centre, as well as teams located in Keighley, Odsal and the Shipley area.
- Child and Family Teams – Supporting and safeguarding children and young people 0-18 within the remits of Child In Need/child protection and care proceedings.
- Integrated Assessment Teams – This is the first response team to the public and professionals when there are concerns about a child.
- Looked after Children’s Teams – Supporting children and young people who are looked after, ensuring they have an effective plan of care.
- Children’s Complex Health or Disability Teams – Working with children who have additional health or disability needs, ensuring their needs are met.
- The Leaving Care Team’s assist looked after young people through the process of Leaving Care and provide aftercare advice, support and financial assistance.
Bradford is the 4th largest Authority with a population of 530,000 of which 150,000 are children and young people, making us one of the key cities with a young age group population.
To ensure we achieve even better outcomes for children and young people. We are on a journey to excellence, ensuring children are at the heart of everything we do. We are and continue to, embed solution focused practice by adopting the signs of safety model with key partners across the district within our work with families and ensuring we have a clear model of care for the children and young people we look after.
Bradford is a dynamic and forward thinking council which is reviewing how it delivers our services to our customers in order to improve educational outcomes, protect vulnerable children and young people in the district, and reduce the effects of childhood poverty.
Our aim in partnership with the Children’s Trust is:
‘For every one of our children to have the best possible start in life’
In order to meet our vision, we aspire to develop a workforce that is therapeutically trained and supported, motivated, aspirational and highly skilled, who have the best interests of the children at the heart of everything they do.
To enable us to deliver we need social workers who share our vision and who are passionate about supporting families in the district, providing safety and stability for children and contributing in a positive and proactive way to the Journey of Excellence. Are you passionate in your work environment seeking/striving to support :
- Families within the district
- Provide safety and stability for children
Do you meet the following?
- Hold a DIPSW or equivalent qualification and are registered with the HCPC as a qualified social worker.
- Have a full driving licence and car available for work (unless a disability prevents this)
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills and be able to make good decisions based on the information available, ensuring effective relationships with other professionals
- Possess excellent Innovation skills to join us on our journey to excellence.
- Have demonstrated a commitment to anti-oppressive practice and to the Departments equal opportunities policy
- Have the ability to work within and contribute to a team
- Possess knowledge of service needs for ethnic minority communities
- Have confident IT skills, and be able to navigate an electronic file system.
- Have the ability to write clear, concise robust reports.
- Have a flexible approach when need arises.
Then we want to hear from you as you have the attributes that we need to assist us in the Journey of Excellence and be part of Bradford’s future, enabling us to be the best of the best.
What do some of our social workers say about working in Bradford Children’s Services?
“We are making differences to children’s lives by acting appropriately to risk”
“Workers support one another, as do the team managers and this helps us to keep the children as our focus”
What do we offer as a Council? We provide numerous Employee opportunities and benefits including:
- A structured and practical based induction programme.
- An excellent ASYE support programme – recognised across the region.
- CPD- The opportunity to continue development via the ASYE and the Post Qualifying Award Route.
- Support through interactive 4 weekly supervision sessions which allow you to share your thoughts and ideas and build on the future of Bradford ( 2 weekly for ASYE).
- An annual appraisal of practice, ensuring clarity of purpose and providing an opportunity to take stock, raise ideas and obtain valuable and constructive feedback.
- Excellent training and learning opportunities, including opportunities to develop practice based on interests and passions.
- A culturally diverse workforce reflecting our communities.
What Benefits do we offer:
Access to a Credit Union
Payroll deduction savings scheme for BMDC employees
A healthcare cash plan is a type of insurance policy that lets you claim back the cost of treatments, such as eye tests, dental treatment or physiotherapy
The MetroFit scheme is an offer exclusive to Bradford Metropolitan District Council employees, designed to promote a healthy lifestyle, by entitling them to a discounted rate for certain sports and leisure activities.
Discounts available to CBMDC staff at the Visitor Information Centres in the District.
Travel benefits for major modes of transport.
Save money on all types of registered childcare for children.
An enhanced disclosure check with the Disclosure and Barring Service will be undertaken for this post.
If you would like to hear more about working for us please Claire Brodie (Principal Social Worker) on 01274 435600.
Closing Date: Bradford is committed to ensuring we recruit every 3 months to get the best social workers in our service.
Applications for this advert will close on 27th February 2017 with interviews for successful candidates who are shortlisted taking place on 10th March 2017.
How to apply
Apply online: Apply now