|Application deadline||30th November 2020|
|Salary||£31,346 - £38,890 (Pro-rata for Part Time)|
Bradford striving for Excellence – making Children and Young People the Future
Through The Department of Children’s Services, Children’s Social Care
Social Worker/Senior Social Worker – (Connected Person Assessment Team)
1 x 30 hours
Based at Sir Henry Mitchell House
Our salaries are very competitive and we offer the following rates of pay (Pro Rata For Part Time Posts).
Grade: Social Worker/Senior Social Worker: £31,346 – £38,890 pa (Pro-rata for Part-time posts)
Bradford is the 4th largest Authority with a population of 530,000 of which 150,000 are children and young people, making us one of the key cities with a young age group population.
Children are at the heart of everything we do. We are and continue to, embed solution focused practice by adopting the signs of safety model with key partners across the district within our work with families and we have a clear model of care for the children and young people we look after.
In order to meet our vision, we aspire to develop a workforce that is therapeutically trained and supported, motivated, aspirational and highly skilled, who have the best interests of the children at the heart of everything they do.
To enable us to deliver we need supervising and assessing social workers in the Fostering Service who share our vision and who are passionate about supporting families/carers in the district, providing safety and stability for children.
Do you meet the following?
- Hold a DIPSW or equivalent qualification and are registered with Social Work England as a qualified social worker.
- Have a full driving licence and car available for work (unless a disability prevents this).
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills and be able to make good decisions based on the information available, ensuring effective relationships with other professionals.
- Experience of family placements and care planning for children and young people
- Possess excellent Innovation skills to join us on our journey to excellence.
- Have demonstrated a commitment to anti-oppressive practice and to the Departments equal opportunities policy.
- Have the ability to work within and contribute to a team.
- Possess knowledge of service needs for ethnic minority communities.
- Have confident IT skills, and be able to navigate an electronic file system.
- Have the ability to write clear, concise robust reports.
- Have a flexible approach when need arises.
Then we want to hear from you.
What do we offer as a Council? We provide numerous Employee opportunities and benefits including
- A structured and practical based induction programme.
- An annual review of performance.
- Excellent training and learning opportunities, including opportunities to develop practice based on interests and passions, through our practitioner led forums.
- A culturally diverse workforce reflecting our communities.
What Benefits do we offer:
Access to a Credit Union
Payroll deduction savings scheme for BMDC employees
A healthcare cash plan is a type of insurance policy that lets you claim back the cost of treatments, such as eye tests, dental treatment or physiotherapy
The MetroFit scheme is an offer exclusive to Bradford Metropolitan District Council employees, designed to promote a healthy lifestyle, by entitling them to a discounted rate for certain sports and leisure activities.
Discounts available to CBMDC staff at the Visitor Information Centres in the District.
Travel benefits for major modes of transport.
Save money on all types of registered childcare for children.
A relocation package may be available for successful candidates who meet the criteria.
Due to the size of the Bradford District and the nature of the work we undertake, there may be occasions when workers are required to work out of authority.
An enhanced disclosure check with the Disclosure and Barring Service will be undertaken for this post.
If you would like to hear more about working for us, please contact Kim Bray (Team Manager) on 01274 431492.
Closing date: 30th November 2020
Interviews will take place 7th/8th December 2020
How to apply
Apply online: Apply now