|Application deadline||2nd July 2018|
|Salary||£49,284 - £52,623 pa|
Department of Children’s Services
Children’s Specialist Services
(Post Ref: 135898)
Grade C: £49,284 to £52,623 pa
1 x 37 hours per week
The Code of Practice on the English language requirement for public sector workers, Part 7 of the Immigration Act 2016 requires that Councils ensure that all candidates applying for customer facing posts must be assessed in order to establish their fluency in English.
The criteria under special knowledge and experience on the job profile which is shown in this advert outlines what level of fluency you will be expected to demonstrate. Therefore, it is essential that you provide examples in your application.
We are going places in Bradford.. But don’t just take our word for it!
“Leaders and partners have high aspirations for all children in Bradford.. Leadership within children’s social care is effective and senior managers are creating a healthy environment in Bradford for effective social work to flourish..” Joint Targeted Inspection by Ofsted April 2017.
We are on an exciting journey to excellence; embedding our Signs of Safety approach to put children and families at the centre of our work, planning our interventions with them. Bradford embraces innovation, such as our B Positive Pathways which offers a “no wrong door” approach to young people on the edge of care and our Problem Solving Court working creatively to turn lives around.
We are proud of our teaching partnership with Bradford University and Bradford College which strengthens our learning approach and we are developing a professional development programme for all social workers with a clear progression pathway to increase our staff retention.
As Service Manager for one area of Bradford;
- you will provide visible leadership to a service that champions and celebrates high quality practice and seeks to continuously improve outcomes
- you will provide effective management of statutory social work including court work and child protection to achieve good, timely outcomes for vulnerable children and their families
- you will ensure robust safeguarding practices and policies are in place and are fully implemented.
- you will be apart of a supportive leadership team where you have the opportunity to innovate and develop your ideas and skills and where your learning will be encouraged.
- The post holder will be part of the Social Work Service Management team and will provide cover for colleagues when required and may be required to undertake out of hours duty management cover for EDT too.
For further information regarding this post please contact Di Drury (Head of Service, Social Work) on 01274 435266 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org or in Di’s absence: Jim Hopkinson (Assistant Director, Social Care) on 01274 432904 or email email@example.com
An enhanced disclosure check with the Disclosure and Barring Service will be undertaken for this post.
Closing Date: 2nd July 2018
Interviews will take place on Monday 16th July 2018
How to apply
Apply online: Apply now