|Application deadline||2nd September 2019|
|Job reference||Team Manager 1|
|Salary||£40,760 - £43,662 pa|
Department of Children’s Services
Children’s Social Care
PO5: £40,760 – £43,662 pa
Locations across the Bradford District
The Code of Practice on the English language requirement for public sector workers, Part 7 of the Immigration Act 2016 requires that Councils ensure that all candidates applying for customer facing posts must be assessed in order to establish their fluency in English.
The criteria under special knowledge and experience on the job profile which is shown in this advert outlines what level of fluency you will be expected to demonstrate. Therefore, it is essential that you provide examples in your application.
Here in Bradford, we are passionate about positive social work practice and we strive to achieve the best possible outcomes for the children and families we work with. In order for us to achieve this goal we are investing in our children’s services and creating a new service area which means we have the opportunity to attract a range of professionals who have the skills, experience and vision to support us on our journey to improvement.
Bradford is a City which offers a richness of culture and diversity, it is the fourth largest Metropolitan District in the country and home to a population of 534,300 residents. Bradford has the largest percentage of population under the age of 16 outside London, over 30% of the population is under the age of 20. It is one of the most diverse areas in England with over 37% of the population from BAME groups.
It is an exciting time to join us in Bradford. We have a strong senior leadership team who are focussed and have a clear vision to embed quality of practice across the Bradford District. We are in a strong Teaching Partnership with the University of Bradford, and Bradford College, and have a strong ASYE programme for newly qualified practitioners, together with a wide range of Continual Professional Development opportunities to support your practice and develop your skills. We are proud to be part of the National Assessment and Accreditation of Social Workers Development programme with the Department for Education. We are embedding a Signs of Safety approach when working with families building on the strengths and developing positive relationships to support change
We are seeking to recruit exceptional Team Managers who are committed to service improvement and are able to support and influence best practice across the Teams you will manage. Your role will be to embed quality practice with strong leadership skills, a manager who leads by example and offers strong reflective supervision with a commitment to professional development.
You will have :
- A Social Work Degree and are registered with the HCPC as a qualified social worker.
- Have at least 4 Years Social Work experience.
- Know what excellence looks like and champion best practice
- Ideally have a good working knowledge of Signs of Safety approach.
- Ability to support, develop and inspire others.
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills and be able to make good decisions based on the information available, ensuring effective relationships with other professionals and social workers and their commitment to supporting children, young people and their families across the Bradford District.
We do hope that you are inspired to find out more about working in Bradford. If you feel you have the skills and experience for the above roles, we would be interested in hearing from you.
In return we can offer you : –
- A leadership team that cares and values your skills
- Tailored training and development opportunities linked to career progression
- Regular supervision, on going support and annual appraisal
- Competitive salary and retention allowance for some posts subject to criteria
- Competitive annual leave scheme – up to 32 days plus 9 additional days
- Excellent defined benefit pension scheme – employer contributes 14.2%
- Discounted Bradford City Centre Parking Scheme
An enhanced disclosure check with the Disclosure and Barring Service will be undertaken for this post.
For further information regarding this post please contact Traci Taylor our Principal Social Worker firstname.lastname@example.org or on 01274 435936.
Closing Date: 2nd September 2019
How to apply
Apply online: Apply now