We are looking to recruit to the vacant post of an Independent Reviewing Officer in the Safeguarding & Reviewing unit within Children’s Services.
Fantastic opportunity to join an established & respected Independent Reviewing Team.
|Application deadline||19th December 2017|
|Salary||£36,379 - £39,177|
Department of Children’s Services
Safeguarding & Reviewing Unit.
Independent Reviewing Officer
PO4: £36,379 – £39,177 pa
1 x 22 hours per week
Margaret McMillan Towers
The Code of Practice on the English language requirement for public sector workers, Part 7 of the Immigration Act 2016, requires that Councils ensure that all candidates applying for customer facing posts must be assessed in order to establish their fluency in English.
The criteria under special knowledge and experience on the job profile which is shown in this advert, outlines what level of fluency you will be expected to demonstrate. Therefore, it is essential that you provide examples in your application.
As an IRO you will adhere to the principles of the IRO handbook.
We are looking for somebody who is enthusiastic and motivated to making a difference and improving standards for our children looked after population.
To have a genuine interest in the planning & better outcomes for children & families.
To demonstrate a confidence to chair multi disciplinary meetings with impeccable presentation & communication skills.
You will be a professional of high standards as the IRO carries the same status as the very people you challenge.
The suitable candidate will have:
- A minimum of 5 years post qualification experience in a related field.
- Experience of chairing meetings in a multi-agency setting.
- Experience of residential and family placement services.
- Experience of child protection work.
- Experience of providing social work supervision and support.
- Experience of quality assuring care plans & provision of care arrangements to achieve the best outcomes for children looked after.
- Professional Social Work qualification Degree/ DipSW or equivalent.
- Registered with the HCPC. You must be able to work flexibly. The venues for CLA reviews can be anywhere in the UK and occasionally abroad, there will be
- The detailed Job profile will be sent with the application.
- times when overnight stays away from Bradford will be required.
For further information regarding this post please contact Imran Cheema on 01274 434530 or email email@example.com
An enhanced disclosure check with the Disclosure and Barring Service will be undertaken for this post.
Closing Date: 19th December 2017