|Application deadline||25th September 2020|
|Hours per-week||37 hours|
|Salary||£37,849 - £40,760 pa|
Bradford striving for Excellence – making Children and Young People the Future
Through The Department of Children’s Services, Children’s Social Care
Practice Supervisor- (Fostering – Connected Person Assessment Team/Post SGO Support Team)
Our salaries are very competitive and we offer the following rates of pay (Pro Rata For Part Time Posts)
PO4: £37,849 – £40,760 pa (pay award pending)
1 x 37 hours per week
Based at Sir Henry Mitchell House
The Code of Practice on the English language requirement for public sector workers, Part 7 of the Immigration Act 2016, requires that Councils ensure that all candidates applying for customer facing posts must be assessed in order to establish their fluency in English.
The criteria under special knowledge and experience on the job profile which is shown in this advert, outlines what level of fluency you will be expected to demonstrate. Therefore, it is essential that you provide examples in your application.
Bradford is a City which offers a richness of culture and diversity; it is the fourth largest Metropolitan District in the country and home to a population of 534,300 residents. Bradford has the largest percentage of population under the age of 16 outside London; over 3% of the population is under the age of 20. Bradford is one of the most diverse areas in England with over 37% of the population from BAME groups.
Here in Bradford, we are passionate about positive social wok practice and we strive to achieve the best possible outcomes for children and families we work with.
Children are at the heart of everything we do. We are and continue to, embed solution focused practice by adopting the signs of safety model with key partners across the district within our work with families and we have a clear model of care for the children and young people we look after.
In order to meet our vision, we aspire to develop a workforce that is therapeutically trained and supported, motivated, aspirational and highly skilled, who have the best interests of the children at the heart of everything they do.
To enable us to deliver we need a Practice Supervisor the Fostering Service (Connected Person Assessment/ Post SGO Support Team) who shares our vision and who is passionate about supporting families/carers in the district, providing safety and stability for children.
As a Practice Supervisor you will support the Team Manager in leading social workers to develop good practice. There will be a regular emphasis on supporting the Team Manager with supervision responsibilities and development of the Connected Person Assessment Team and Post SGO support Team.
You will have:
- Ideally a working knowledge of the Fostering Regulations/National Minimum Standards.
- A good understanding of Special Guardianship Orders and post order support.
- An ability to work creatively and desire to develop the teams.
- Experience of managing complex case work including Court proceedings.
- Ideally working knowledge of a Sings of safety approach and a passion for Kinship placements.
- Full Practice Educator qualification at Stage 2. Or, demonstrate a willingness to achieve Full Practice Educator qualification at stage 2 starting within 6 months of appointment.
- Ability to support and develop qualified social workers.
- At least 4 years relevant social worker experience of which 3 years must be post qualification, with a minimum of 6 months as an experienced social worker.
We hope you are inspired to find out more about working in Bradford. If you feel you have the skills and experiences for the role of Practice Supervisor, we would be interested in hearing from you.
In return we can offer you:
- A leadership team that cares for and values your skills
- Regular supervision, on going support and annual appraisal.
- Competitive salary
- Competitive annual leave scheme – up to 32 days plus 9 additional days.
- Excellent defined benefit pension scheme – employer contributes 14.2%
- Discounted Bradford City Centre Parking Scheme.
Due to the size of the Bradford District and the nature of the work we undertake, there may be occasions when workers are required to work out of authority.
An enhanced disclosure check with the Disclosure and Barring Service will be undertaken for this post.
If you would like to hear more about working for us, please contact Kim Bray (Team Manager) on 01274 431492.
Closing Date: 25th September 2020
How to apply
Apply online: Apply now