Committed to helping children and young people? Us too, come and help us build something special in Wakefield.
|Application deadline||13th December 2019|
|Salary||£38,813 - £41,675|
We are currently advertising for four Advanced Practitioners within Children in Care.
Salary Grade 11, SCP 36 – 39 £38,813 – £41,675
Thriving children in thriving families need exceptional people to support them. In Wakefield we’ve been working hard to make the changes that will create a strong and sustainable social work service filled with confident, competent practitioners empowered to make a difference.
Our approach is beyond partnership and collaboration, we have real connection with our partners, who are just as committed and energetic about making the necessary changes as we are. There’s a truly shared responsibility for success, and a passion and energy from everyone involved, right from the most senior people in the organisations all the way to frontline practitioners.
Being an Advanced Practitioner in Wakefield will include all of the challenges and rewards that rapid improvement brings. In return for you bringing your passion, expertise and drive, we offer:
- Manageable caseloads – we’ve made good progress on bringing down workloads and are aiming for case-loads of 20 (15 for newly-qualified social workers) and no more than 160 children’s cases per team. Smaller teams mean you get – and can give – the best support
- Regular, reflective supervision to support your practice and professional development.
- Additional investment in the social work structure, with new management positions and additional frontline teams being established
- Experienced social workers – support to achieve your career ambitions, including development into practice educator and team manager roles
- Comprehensive training, including professional development and courses to support your wellbeing e.g. resilience and managing stress
- The chance live and work in a dynamic city filled with culture and leisure opportunities, with great housing at affordable prices and good transport links
In return we are looking for:
- You to be a qualified and currently registered, experienced social worker, with a proven track record in achieving the highest standards of practice in complex casework
- Experienced social workers who will hold a complex case load and support our growing population of newly-qualified social workers
- Co-work cases with colleagues in your team to assist with their learning and development
- Assist the team manager by providing support and guidance to other team members, and contribute to quality service provision
We would encourage you to visit our dedicated careers webpage to find out more about what we can offer you and to learn just a little about ‘Why Wakefield’ and the benefits of a social work career with us.
Keep up to date with our service initiatives by following and adding us on LinkedIn and we would also encourage you to watch our dedicated Social Worker video, to get more of an insight into why a career with Wakefield Children’s Services could be the right move for you.
For an informal discussion, please contact Dean Howson at DHowson@wakefield.gov.uk
Closing Date: 13 December 2019 Midnight
Wakefield Council is wholly committed to ensuring children and young people are fully supported and safe. We are dedicated to the safeguarding of all children and young people whilst promoting their welfare and expect all staff and volunteers to share this responsibility.
The successful applicant will be required to complete a Disclosure Application Form and to provide criminal conviction information.
To view the details relating to this position click the links below:
How to apply
Apply online: Apply now