The Early Help & Safeguarding Hub (EHaSH) provides a co-ordinated “front door” to the Children and Young People’s Support and Safeguarding Services. It is a single point of contact for professionals or members of the public who have concerns about a child or young person.
|Application deadline||10th April 2017|
|Job location||East Riding of Yorkshire|
An opportunity has arisen to join EHaSH (on a permanent basis) to support the operational team manager. The postholder will be responsible for:
- Liaising closely with other agencies to plan, arrange and co-ordinate services in order to identify the most appropriate response to the initial worries / concerns.
- Overseeing and making decisions on child protection issues / concerns within EHaSH.
- Encouraging and supporting the use of integrated early intervention arrangements including the Early Help Assessment for Families, Team Around the Family (TAF) meetings and identification of a Lead Professional.
- Contributing to the development of practice, skills and knowledge of practitioners in the team (and wider service) through coaching and training, contributing to team meetings and leading on the dissemination and understanding of policies, procedures and research.
- Developing and embedding quality assurance processes and mechanisms to address and improve performance.
- Offering professional guidance, supervision and support to practitioners in the team.
- The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate:
- Extensive post qualifying experience of working with children / families, including complex cases, legal proceedings and child protection cases.
- Good understanding of child development, child care legislation, child protection procedures and current government guidance in relation to early intervention and social care practice.
- DipSW or equivalent and HCPC registration.
- Confidence to work alone and seek advice when appropriate.
- Ability to make professional decisions within delegated responsibility.
- Ability to use a range of databases to maintain accurate records and produce reports / statistical returns.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines.
- Although not essential, experience of working in a Multi Agency Safeguarding Hub / similar environment would be desirable.
For further information please contact Christopher Wood (Team Manager) on 01482 396038 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 10/04/17
Interview date: 24/04/17
How to apply
Apply online: Apply now