Are you interested in Management but would like to test is out first. We are currently seeking to recruit an Advanced Practitioner/Team Leader to join our Hospital Social work Team working within the Calderdale and Huddersfield Foundation Trust footprint.
|Application deadline||24th February 2019|
|Hours per-week||37 hours per week|
|Salary||£33,136 - £36,153 per annum|
Are you interested in Management but would like to test is out first. We are currently seeking to recruit an Advanced Practitioner/Team Leader to join our Hospital Social work Team working within the Calderdale and Huddersfield Foundation Trust footprint. You will be joining the team to sustain it’s strength and ensure that social work practice is proportionate in its response to service delivery and statutory responsibility.
We have a clear vision of our role in supporting people in Calderdale to maximize choice, control and independence. Our Hospital Social Work Team is crucial to delivering support to Calderdale and Huddersfield Foundation Trust (CHFT) in ensuring that patients receive the Care and Support they require on discharge from hospital in an integrated approach with partner organisations.
The team currently comprises of qualified Social Workers and Service co-ordinators and as such requires a management team that is able to ensure a systematic approach to assessment and care management. We pride ourselves in an Assessment and Care management approach which engages partners to secure better outcomes and optimise networks of support.
- Have a joint responsibility with the Team manager for staff within the team ensuring performance management, regulatory compliance and service delivery ensuring service priorities are met and take responsibility as required in the absence of Team manager.
- Be required to have the necessary skills and knowledge to facilitate assessment, planning and discharges within an acute setting and have an understanding of working relationships with the NHS and partnership agencies.
- Be required to work with a high level of risk management, accountability and autonomy in decision making
- Take joint responsibility for performance and meeting NHS metrics.
- Work under pressure on your own initiative.
The successful applicant will be able to demonstrate a track record of supporting continuous improvement in a busy team. You will need to demonstrate a good understanding of what good practice looks like combined with your knowledge and first-hand experience as a practitioner.
The post holder will therefore require in-depth knowledge and work experience of The Care Act, Safeguarding and Mental Capacity Act. It is essential that you have a thorough understanding of any relevant legislation, regulations, standards, guidance, policy and procedures relating to this post.
You must hold a professional Social Work qualification and have significant post qualification experience and training. Management experience would be beneficial.
To arrange an informal conversation about the role please E-mail: Sinead.Mills@calderdale.gov.uk
Closing Date: Sunday, 24th February 2019
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expect all staff to share this commitment. Applicants to posts that are exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act will require a DBS from the Disclosure and Barring Service before the appointment is confirmed.
How to apply
Apply online: Apply now