We are looking to appoint Advanced Practitioners across our children’s services. The Children’s Assessment Team operates the Borough wide front door service to children and young people in Calderdale.
|Application deadline||14th October 2018|
|Hours per-week||37 hours per week|
|Salary||£PO6-9 (£34,106 - £37,107 + retention payment) 37 hours per week, permanent|
Post Ref: ACS129
Salary: PO6-9 (£34,106 – £37,107 + retention payment) 37 hours per week, permanent
We are looking to appoint Advanced Practitioners across our children’s services. The Children’s Assessment Team operates the Borough wide front door service to children and young people in Calderdale. The Child Protection Teams work longer term case work with families and the Children’s Looked After Team support our children in care.
The Advanced Practitioner will need to be a self motivated practitioner with excellent communication and organisational skills and the ability take responsibility for the development of specific areas of professional social work practice across the borough including mentoring and supporting newly qualified or less experienced social workers in the team. This post also requires being responsible for undertaking social work student placements
For this post you will need:
- A recognised social work qualification.
- Demonstrable post qualification experience in Children’s Social Care and in undertaking complex assessments.
- Current HCPC registration.
- Access to and use of a car.
We will offer:
- Supportive management and a service-wide commitment to continuous improvement.
- A creative and challenging team with supportive colleagues.
- Opportunities to develop your supervision and management skills in a supportive environment.
- Supervision and appraisal arrangements to build your skills and to assist you in your career development.
- An excellent learning and development programme that reflects your needs and the skills that you will need to develop.
To arrange an informal discussion please contact:
Wayne.firstname.lastname@example.org (Calderdale Assessment Team)
Elaine.Cartwright@calderdale.gov.uk (Child Protection Team)
Emma.email@example.com (Children Looked After Team)
Closing Date: Sunday 14th October 2018
Interview Date: Week beginning 22nd October 2018
The Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The post is subject to an Enhanced Level Check with the Disclosure and Barring Service.
How to apply
Apply online: Apply now