|Application deadline||14th October 2019|
|Job location||North East Lincolnshire|
ADVANCED PRACTITIONER (SOCIAL WORK PRACTICE & DEVELOPMENT)
Do you aspire to shape Children’s social work practice? Are you motivated to achieve best outcomes for children, young people and their families? Do you recognise the value in Social Workers being enabled to do their very best job? If you want a job that allows you to do all this, we have an amazing opportunity for you! Due to an internal promotion, we have a vacancy for a (Practice & Development) Advanced Practitioner in our small, specialist team. Advanced Practitioners lead on, and contribute to, a broad range of practice and workforce projects designed to support the delivery of excellent practice, professional development and the well-being of our social workers. This is a unique opportunity to advance your career by taking a strategic step whilst remaining firmly rooted in excellent social care delivery.
Who do we want?
We are looking for a qualified Social Worker with at least four years post qualifying experience who:-
- Is a confident practitioner with high levels of professional knowledge and exemplary practice
- Is able to develop and maintain effective and mutually beneficial working relationships with senior and peer colleagues and other professionals
- Has a genuine interest in developing and supporting the practice of our professional workforce
- Role models professional behaviours and a positive outlook
- Is organised, self-motivated and emotionally resilient
- Is able to work flexibly and be adaptable when working in an environment where priorities can change quickly
- Has a keen eye for detail and the necessary skills to research best and emerging practice and translate into sustainable operational process & practice
With a broad remit which adapts to meet the needs of the service, the focus of the Advanced Practitioners’ roles is to lead on the professional and practice development of our workforce. Using broad understanding and knowledge of the national and regional Children’s social work landscape and an appreciation of the challenges and opportunities of working in a partnership context, Advanced Practitioners lead on varied project areas and recruitment; support and develop the workforce and work closely with NQSWs as they begin their social work career – creating a learning environment which enables them to increase their skills, knowledge and confidence to prepare them for life on the front line.
Why work for Us?
- Management support from a leadership team committed to developing and driving excellence in practice across Children’s Services
- The opportunity to make a real difference to the children and families in need of our support and intervention
- Commitment to reducing the demand for Social Care and supporting families with the Early Help provision, together with excellent working relationships with Locality and Early Help Managers to deliver better services
- A commitment to your professional development with opportunities to access Management Development programmes, professional training and coaching or mentoring
- A commitment to regular, effective and reflective supervision
- A commitment to achieving low, manageable caseloads for Social Workers
- A competitive salary with generous holiday entitlement, excellent terms and conditions and opportunities for flexible working
- Payment of HCPC fees and a range of other staff benefits
- Membership of a Local Government Pension Scheme
- An excellent working environment in attractive, modern offices with a seafront location in a busy and vibrant east coast resort.
If you feel ready for this exciting, varied and challenging role and have the energy, ambition and required levels of professional expertise to take it on, then we would be delighted to hear from you!
If you are interested in finding out more about our vision for the future, the post on offer or what we can offer you, then please contact the Principal Child and Family Social Worker Sarah Impey on 01472 325555.
We will also accept CV’s. If applying with a CV please email your completed CV and covering letter to: PeopleandCulture-General@nelincs.gov.uk
The closing date for return of completed applications is mid-day on Monday 14th October 2019. For those short-listed, the assessment date is scheduled for Monday 28 October 2019.