The Social Worker of the Year Awards are back, and CSWM are really proud to be sponsoring the Children’s Social Worker of the Year category this year! It’s important for social work as a profession to reflect on practice and what can be improved, but it’s just as important to recognise where social workers have gone above and beyond to make a difference in people’s lives.
Entries for the Social Worker of the Year Awards are open until Friday 23rd July, with the virtual ceremony taking place in November. The overall theme for the awards will be ‘Reconnection and Recognition,’ highlighting some of the uplifting stories to come out of social work practice during a very difficult time. This year, a special ‘Outstanding Contribution During Covid-19’ award will be given to one of the individual category winners in recognition of the unique challenges presented by the pandemic.
While we’d love someone from Yorkshire & the Humber to win our category, there are lots more to choose from, so if you know an inspirational colleague who fits the bill there’s still plenty of time to nominate them!
The full list of categories this year is:
- Children’s Social Worker of the Year
- Adult Social Worker of the Year
- Newly Qualified Social Worker of the Year
- Student Social Worker of the Year
- Team of the Year (including MDTs)
- Team Leader of the Year
- Mental Health Social Worker of the Year
- Social Work Employer of the Year
- Practice Educator of the Year
- Social Justice Advocate Award
- University of the Year