You can connect with colleagues across the region, and benefit from all the leadership and support on offer. It’s the perfect place to share best practice and keep up to date with all things relating to children’s social work.
What is available on Our Children’s Social Work Matters
Our Children’s Social Work Matters has been developed by a team of your social work colleagues. This resource includes:
- Social Work & Current Affairs – the latest news from the world of social work.
- Events & Training – upcoming training events, conferences, workshops and webinars.
- Who’s Who – a directory of colleagues across the region.
- Team Room – a forum where you can have discussions with colleagues. You can choose whether each conversation is seen by everyone on Our Children’s Social Work Matters or only specific colleagues.
- Service Directory – Information and contact details of relevant children and young people’s services across the region.
- Learning & Knowledge – Up-to-date guidance and resources to help you develop your social work knowledge and skills and CPD. Content includes:
- Relevant child protection legislation
- Best practice
- Serious case reviews
- Ofsted inspections
- CPD obligations/requirements
- Topical webinars delivered by fellow practitioners
- Resources – a range of useful resources to keep you informed and up-to-date on developments in children’s social work and care.