…become a Children’s Social Worker in our region
As a Children’s Social Worker you’re part of a process that protects the most vulnerable children in our society. It takes patience, commitment, compassion and a genuine desire to help children.
So if you’re thinking of switching careers, you’re already studying or perhaps already qualified and thinking about coming back, you’ll find all the information you need within this section.
We’ve tried to cover everything from what qualifications you’ll need, the different universities and courses in our region, the types of roles you can do, tips on finding your first job when you’re newly qualified, how to change careers and what training you’ll need to do if you’d like to return to the profession. Plus, why we believe the Yorkshire and the Humber region is the most committed and supportive place to work as a Children’s Social Worker.
…get more involved if you’re already employed by a council within our region
If you’re already employed within our region as a Children’s Social Worker, we’ve developed a new resource for you as part of this website.
Your CSWM gives you:
- the chance to collaborate with colleagues working within different local authorities
- a look at the Best Practises which are making a big difference across the region
- access to our hot topics forum – where you can ask for advice, share opinions or open a debate
- live web chats with Monthly Guest Speakers
- an online directory with colleagues contact details